Week 4: Love | Children@Apostles
We are really excited to be able to bring you extra zoom sessions on Sunday mornings at 10:00AM, there will be lots of games and quizzes, with a competition for you to get points to win a fabulous prize when we can all meet together again. If you want to join in - contact us: ring the office or email us and we will send you the login details.
As we start to look at the fruits of the spirit, we hope that we will get closer to God. This week we are learning about love, and how a man found it from someone he didn’t expect!
Read Luke 10:30-37 and watch the story here:
3 Things to think about
1. If this happened in Leicester who might be “The Good Samaritan”?
2. Why is it important to help other people?
3. How can we show love to other people?
Here is a song about to help us to learn the fruits of the spirit:
And our song from last term:
❤️Remember love hands
You need: Coloured Paper, Scissors, Glue and string or wool
How to make:
1. Draw around your hand and write the verse on it yourself (Luke 10:27). Then cut it out.
2. Glue the hand to the piece of paper by only put glue on the palm area of the hand. Think of five things you can do with their hands to be helpful. Write them on the fingers.
3. Curl down the fingers leaving the index finger sticking up. Tie a piece of string or wool on to the index finger, to help you to remember to do these helpful things.
❤️Love your neighbour collage
You need: white and coloured paper, Scissors, Glue
How to make it:
Write in the middle of your white paper “Love your neighbour as yourself.” -Luke 10:27
Cut our hearts from the coloured paper and write the names of your neighbours on them.
Stick the hearts onto the white paper around the words.
Say this prayer with your family today:
Help us to help those who are struggling through this day: neighbour, relative, stranger or friend, where we see a need, rather than walk away may we stop awhile and share a hand, a listening ear, a smile, a prayer, compassion, love, just as you would do. Amen!
Don’t forget to keep saying the Lord’s Prayer at noon.
Post your crafts in comments on the Holy Apostles Facebook page and watch our weekly videos on the Church YouTube channel!
See you soon! x